- City Departments
- City Manager's Office
- Citizen Satisfaction Survey
Citizen Satisfaction Survey
What is the Citizen Satisfaction Survey?
The Citizen Satisfaction Survey measures and assesses citizen satisfaction with the delivery of major city services and helps set community priorities for improved services and long-range planning. Core areas surveyed included public safety (police, fire, and EMS), public works/utilities (streets and transportation, code enforcement, water service), parks and recreation, communications, quality of life, overall city services and satisfaction.
The survey is conducted to ensure City services meet citizen expectations, and the results help identify resources necessary to address community concerns.
Citizen Survey Presentation
The 2022 Citizen Satisfaction Survey results were presented to City Council on Monday, March 13, 2023. Please check back soon for a link to the video. The presentation can be found here.
The City received the Leading the Way Award which recognizes that La Porte ranks in the top 10% of all cities in the country for the delivery of services to residents.
Summary of key findings
- The City of La Porte rated above the national average in 53 of the 58 areas assessed and above the average for Texas in 52 of the 58 areas that were assessed.
- Seventy-eight percent of those surveyed indicated they were "very satisfied" or "satisfied" with the quality of City services, which is 27% above the national average.
- The City services with the highest levels of satisfaction, based upon the combined percentage of "very satisfied" and "satisfied" responses among residents who had an opinion were: fire services (94%), emergency medical services (91%), efforts to ensure the community is prepared for emergencies (89%), police services (88%), and sanitation services (87%).
- Traffic flow and congestion management are rated as the highest priority of citizens.
Established in 1999, ETC is nationally-recognized for its research and is located in Olathe, KS. Since its founding, ETC has surveyed more than a million people in 500 cities and 48 state including Houston, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, San Francisco, and many more.
ETC Institute guarantees the results of La Porte's 2022 Citizen Satisfaction Survey are statistically representative of the city. La Porte's survey was administered by mail and the Internet.