If you meet the requirements listed and wish to apply to be a volunteer, please come by the Fire Administration Office to pick up an application. You may also download the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to speak and write the English language
- Must be willing to list any medications, such as insulin, blood pressure medications, etc.
- Must fill out the application and personal record form in full
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
- Must have acceptable driving record
- Must not be abusing drugs or excessive use of alcohol. Applicant will be required to submit to drug testing and pass as required by the City of La Porte
- Must not have substantial criminal record. No outstanding warrants or wants
- Must reside within the city limits of La Porte or areas under La Porte Fire Department protection
Please consider the following if you plan to apply:
- Any physical limitations such as missing limbs, digits, etc. will be considered by the fire chief and staff on a case-by-case basis.
- Please be aware of the physical requirements this endeavor entails such as lifting, climbing and other strenuous activities.
- Applicants will be considered on probation for 6 months following acceptance to the fire department subject to any disciplinary action deemed necessary by the department for violations of policies such as reprimands, extended probation periods, suspensions, or removal from the department.