| || |
|Planning Department Mission Statement|
The Planning Department will use a comprehensive, community-based approach to short and long-term planning to facilitate development within the City of La Porte.
The Department’s primary focus is to achieve high-quality infrastructure, a wide range of housing, robust economic development opportunities, and an excellent social service delivery system.
We will perform our duties promptly, with superior quality, innovation and fairness. Our community-based planning approach will allow our employees to provide technical assistance and direct quality of life improvements based upon identified community needs, thus delivering public services in a timely and proficient manner.
1. To preserve, protect and enhance the quality of life of the City.
2. To preserve, protect and enhance the natural environment of the City.
3. To provide safe, efficient and cost-effective infrastructure and public services to the citizens of La Porte.
4. To ensure that all capital improvements made in La Porte are of safe design that meets current engineering standards
5. To effectively convey desired expectations regarding minimum design standards established for the development of property.
6. To ensure public safety with regard to buildings and other structures.
7. To ensure public health with regard to environmental problems.