| || |
How Are Speed Limits Established?
- Speed Limits are set by State Law at 30 miles per hour on all city streets unless warranted by a Traffic & Engineering Study.
- Lower speed limits are justified without a study when in:
- school zones
- construction zones
- Speed limits must be established by City ordinance if different than the prima facie speed (30 mph).
What Do I Do About Possible Speed Problems?
- Contact the Police Department at (281) 471-3810.
- If the problem seems to be widespread, the Police Department will request a speed study by the Public Works Department.
- The speed study will be performed using state-of-the-art traffic counters which determine the speed, time, and direction of travel of all vehicles using the street.
- A printout of the study will be returned to the Police Department to determine the times enforcement should be concentrated.